Middleweight Art Director
Are you a talented art director, hungry to develop your skills and career in a busy creative department within an award-winning marketing and advertising agency? Then we definitely want to hear from you.
Within this role, you’ll be reporting to the Creative Director / Deputy Creative Director, working alongside a copywriter to deliver award-winning, ideas-led advertising and creative comms. You’ll be tasked with producing visual concepts for on and offline campaigns, on brief, on time and on budget.
A strong communicator, you’ll also work collaboratively with the Account Handling team to take briefs, interrogate them when required, sense checking for a deeper understanding of the task as well as remaining up to date and informed of changes to deadlines and handling revisions. As a Middleweight Art Director, you will be expected to present your ideas internally and to clients when needed.
- Adept in Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Display solid knowledge of print and digital platforms
- A sound commercial approach to commissioning any outsourced work, e.g. illustrators, photographers, animators, directors and TV production companies, so that contribution to agency profitability is maintained
- A motivated self-starter, multi-tasker and good manager of time
- Passionate and enthusiastic about all things creative – popular culture, design and innovation – and willing to share that passion with colleagues
- An appetite to grow and develop
- A strong communicator and good listener
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role within a marketing agency environment, developing creative concepts for advertising campaigns.
Employee package and benefits
- Competitive salary
- 31 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme to purchase a new electric car
- As much coffee as you can drink (in the office)
- Payday drinks on the last Friday of the month
After 3 months:
- Matched pension (up to 5%)
After one year:
- Performance related bonus
- Subsidised Private health care
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme