Account Manager – Birmingham
We’re looking for a proactive Account Manager to manage client projects across Story Birmingham to ensure that projects are delivered on time, budget and to brief – someone who’s great with people, persuasive, determined and able to think on their feet.
Sound like you?
We need you to be able to:
- Project manage client projects across the agency to ensure projects are delivered on time, budget and brief.
- Develop strong client relationships.
- Ensure timely flow of information both internally as well as externally.
- Understand the client’s business and be able to act as the client in the building when it comes to briefing, reviews and suppling relevant information.
- Be pro-active, drive projects, and anticipate client needs – don’t wait to be asked or told.
- Lead all aspects of the project: client briefing, creative briefing and creative presentation – involving relevant personnel as necessary throughout.
- Ability to interrogate client briefs and ensure absolute clarity and all information is collated in advance of internal creative briefing.
- Write clear, succinct creative briefs with clear deliverables for creative presentation and a well thought through proposition.
- Working with the Account Director to manage workload efficiently each week.
- Financial management of projects, including quoting and invoicing using the agency management system.
- Be able to negotiate timings with clients to ensure appropriate amount of time for the agency to produce the best possible work and minimise resource bottle-necks.
- Communicate effectively timings and actions to clients and the internal team, highlighting any potential clashes or resource bottle-necks to the Account Director well in advance.
- Be able to write realistic timing plans for a wide variety of projects, ensuring approval form Account Director, and others as required.
- Support Account Director in maximising opportunities on accounts by developing client relationships, sounding out proactive ideas relevant to a client’s business and having a keen antenna for potential new projects.
- Embrace a spirit of entrepreneurialism and find ways to increase revenue opportunities both with existing client relationships and personal network.
- Support the account directors in the forecasting process and the delivery of forecasts for the agency.
- Maintain Account and Project admin (status reporting, contact reporting, brief approval, POs etc)
The person we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in an integrated agency environment
- Highly organised and experienced at managing projects across a broad range of marketing channels
- Intuitive and emotionally intelligent, able to build strong client relationships and fully understand their needs
- Commercially aware with a full understanding of how to run accounts profitably. Passionate about creative work.
- Exceptional project management skills and ability to deliver
- Great at communicating with all team members and wider agency – keeping all project stakeholders constantly in the loop
- Good problem solver and ability to plan workload and resource effectively
- Good negotiator and able to get projects signed off with appropriate budget levels for outputs require
Nice to haves (but not essential):
- Proven track record of building strong client relationships
- Excellent organisational, presentation and communication skills
- Competent across the entire Microsoft Office suite
- Valid UK Driving License and use of own car.
What’s in it for you?
- 26 days holiday plus the bank holidays.
- An extra day’s holiday for every year worked, up to 5 additional days.
- A day off for your birthday.
- Company share incentive plan.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme.
- Biannual work events.
- Regular beer and pizza socials.
- Annual calendar of wellbeing events.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Committed (Level 1) Employer. As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to; ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, communicating and promoting vacancies, offering an interview to disabled people who meet the minimum criteria for the job and anticipating and providing reasonable adjustments as required.